Today I found a recipe which was Pizza with Pesto, Fresh Tomatoes, and Mozzarella and I was thinking about how to incorporate asparagus, which we already had and flatbread, which is easier to handle than dough. BOOM! I found this recipe on epicurious.com. It was close, but not perfect. Moving on… this is how we did it:
* 2 ripe tomatoes
* 8 oz. Mozeralla Cheese
* 5 oz. Basil Pesto
* 1 Ara-z Lavash (This can be purchased in the freezer section of Jerusalem Market) map it
* 1 Bunch of Asparagus
* Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Put the pizza stone on the floor of the oven.
2. Roast the asparagus for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
3. Add a thin layer of pesto on the flatbread.
4. Cur the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
5. Add the asparagus on top of the flatbread.
6. Sprinkle the mozerella cheese over the flatbread.
7. Thinly slice the tomato and place it on the flatbread.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Put in the oven on the pizza stone for about 5 minutes until cheese starts to brown.
10. Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!